Thursday 20 February 2014

Endless Love Film Review

If you're looking for a sickly sweet romance film to go and watch, Endless Love is definitely for you. I am a hopeless romantic and love everything and anything that is around love. So, this film was a definite go see film for me. Although, I did have my reservations about the film at the start realising that I knew it might completely suck as many predictable romance films do! One of the main reasons I wanted to go see the film was the fact that Alex Pettyfer starred in it. And if you haven't seen him, he is pretty darn fine!
The storyline is the most common Romeo and Juliet type plots whereby a boy and girl fall in love only to have obstacles put in their way and in this film, this came in the form of her overprotective father. He came from a not so affluent family whereas she was the epitome of riches - you can just imagine where this is going. Now, the thing is the storyline lacks originality. Like most romance films, it is predictable and completely cheesy to the point where you might actually want to stop watching but there's something endearing about the acting. 
It wasn't just a story based on two beautiful actors portraying the struggles of love but it was a story that tackled loss and fear. It dug a little into the way grief and loss of a loved one affects the lives of those that still remain. It shows how a family can be pushed to a limit and how slowly but surely, happiness can return after such a tragedy.

It made me laugh with the carefully placed jokes and it made me sad at times. It made me think about my own life and how much things change and how much you can lose yourself after a death of a loved one. It just takes one person to bring you back and out of your shell- that's what I really loved about the film. And that person doesn't need to be a boyfriend but just a friend willing to take the time to see you through everything.
Let me be honest with you: it's not the best film out there and it's definitely not the deepest film that will give you food for thought but it's one of those films that you can laugh and smile at and it makes you feel happy. It's a lighthearted romance and it does give you a sense of uplifting by the end of the film. Depending on your outlook on romance films, you'll either love it or hate it. It'll be one of the cutest films you'll see or it will be the cheesiest film that makes you want to vomit. But if you are the type of person to love romance, you've probably already put this film on the list of films you want to see and I think it's alright.

Verdict: It's an alright film. Not the best film I've ever seen but not the worst... And that's all I can say about it. So it's up to you, I wouldn't rant and rave about how you HAVE to see it but it's not a bad film to see.
Take this review as you want, I didn't really feel completely taken in by the film that I would actively recommend it but don't let my review put you off if you wanted to see it before you read this review.

I realise how much this review sucked! SORRYYY
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment