Tuesday 11 February 2014

Taylor Swift Red Tour Review

"I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22..."
Last night, I had the absolute pleasure to attend Taylor Swift's Red tour concert with two of my best friends. Taylor Swift to many people is an artist that is mainly for teenage girls to love and whilst this is true given the general age range of the audience last night; there's something in her music that speaks to all of us. Her songs are categorised as being about love and heartbreak but that's something we all go through. And despite what people say, she really can sing and she does put on quite a good show.
She came on stage and sang her first song before saying "hello London" to an eruption of screams from the fans. Now, this may be a silly comment but I didn't quite realise how American she was until she started speaking. Everything about her talking throughout the songs was well choreographed and she didn't disappoint.

Although I didn't know all the words, I didn't need to because the atmosphere was electric and thousands of fans were more than willing to sing along. She responded so well to everyone and it may sound strange but I actually felt like her thank yous' were humble and honest. It felt like she knew the reason she was on the stage was because of her fans, which a lot of celebrities and singers forget about.

Her mum even came out to interact with people and select those that had made an effort to dress up and hold signs to meet Taylor after the show. Some of the fans there were crazy. One boy had travelled from USA to go and see her- that's dedication. Emeli Sande was one of the special guests and she sung "Next to me" which was awesome. I love her singing and think that she has raw talent. But not as good as Taylor!

Overall, her show was 100% worth going to see and I would go see her again. She is a little show woman and she knows exactly how to get the crowd going from her sly looks in the song to the sincerity in her pre-song talks.
It was quite sensational. She was quite spectacular!

And the company wasn't too bad, I guess ;)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment