Monday 17 February 2014

Oops.

As some of you regular readers might have noticed, yesterday I forgot to blog. And when I say forgot, I mean, I did realise that I needed to blog but I didn't have anything to blog about and I made a conscious decision to not blog. Yesterday wasn't exactly a good day for my family and in turn I had no motivation or inspiration to create a blog and knew that if I put a blog out, it would have been another one of my "sorry, this is lame" blogs and I didn't want to. I weighed up the pros and cons in my head and when I was sat there thinking about what to do, the cons kind of won.

A couple weeks ago, I had the thought about quitting blogging everyday and I decided against it because it makes me happy and I know that I missed yesterday but for blogging everyday for a year and 2 and a half months, I'd say that was pretty darn good! I even put out a poll (which none of you filled out :P) because I was serious about stopping the blogging everyday adventure. I managed 442 consecutive blogs. And now sat here, I do feel a little sad that number won't increase...
I don't know whether I will continue doing blogs everyday but I know now that I won't stop blogging even if I do miss a day. It's not necessarily about blogging every single day, it's about giving blogs that I'm happy to share. If that makes sense. It does make me feel like I'm cheating you guys when I churn out below average blogs and I don't want to do that now. I want to be able to say I'm proud of the blog that I've written. That may well be that I do blog everyday or that might mean I blog every other day, or 3 times a week. I just don't know. But I do know that even though I missed yesterday, I'm not giving up completely. I'm just taking a step back and thinking about how to make sure that I give the best blogs to my readers, to you guys because I wouldn't have made it here without you.

If you hit a wall with whatever you're doing, don't just turn around and give up. Fight through the wall and keep going.

I hope you all stay with me with these changes in my blog and don't just leave me! I love you all and I hope to write many more blogs for you.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment