Wednesday 5 February 2014

February Resolutions

Some of you may/may not know (delete where appropriate *everyone deletes may because nobody reads my blog*) that I am not a fan of New Year's resolutions and have boycotted the idea by making up month resolutions instead. For January, my resolutions were to simply stop being a tramp (wash and brush my teeth everynight AND clean my room - http://nicolespearlsofwisdom.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/january-resolutions.html?m=1) and this month I'm changing them. Although, I will continue that resolution, obviously, but I am adding a new one to my list, which will be my focus for this month.

And that resolution is:

To be more positive about myself and to believe in myself a little more. I have low self esteem about myself and I have massive issues around not feeling I'm good enough. I always am super hard on myself and hate it when I don't do something well. Even before I fail, I am already putting myself down and not believing I can even do it in the first place which I want to stop.
I refuse to let myself think:
1. I'm not good enough
2. I'm not smart enough
3. I'm not pretty enough (and this is both inside and out)
4. I can't do things

The trouble with me is that I compare too much. I constantly compare myself with other people and it's a terrible habit. I see everything as a competition in such a negative way to myself. I am overjoyed when someone achieves something but I'm also very jealous. It's an ugly trait to have.
For February, I want to try and stop being so negative towards myself and to be able to tell myself positive things. I want to feel empowered by my thoughts and this will be a hard resolution to keep. But if I can stop myself from being so horrible to myself, it'll be such a good achievement and a step in the right direction of my life.

I'm not a bad person, I know that and I have so many good things going for myself, I just sometimes forget that and it makes me unhappy in life when I'm so disbelieving of who I am.

What are your resolutions for this month? Let me know in the comments below PLEASEEEE!

Love you, Nicole
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment