Saturday 15 February 2014

Half Term, Shopping, Record Book

Today was the first official day of my half term. 9 days off with limited things that I need to do. If I forget about the essays I need to write then I can say that I am a free woman. Unfortunately, this morning my body didn't get the memo of my half term and ability to sleep in because I woke up at 8AM... But I managed to stay and in bed and that was fantastic. When I woke up, Dad made me a fry up and it was magical! I've come to the time in my life when I realise it is too short to worry about everything I eat. I used to calorie count and try to be under 9 stone but now I know there's more to life!!
Then, I went shopping with my sister and we browsed some of the shops. I found a really cute kimono in H&M and I loved it but it was a little too long and so I had to lovingly put it back. If it were shorter, I would have snagged it. It was lovely! Now, I'm determined to find a pretty kimono that I can buy. I want one. I also need to shop for some more teacher clothes because I'm going to be on placement for 10 weeks and I think I need more variety.

Speaking of placement, I've been placed in a year 5 class. I'm a little scared. Not just of teaching but the amount and depth of marking I'm going to be doing. It'll be fun though.

When I found out my first sister was pregnant, I came across a cute baby record book that I couldn't leave in a shop and had to buy it. That very day, my other sister told me she was pregnant and ever since I've been trying to find a different but just aa cute book for her to fill in for her baby. Today, whilst I was shopping, I took a quick look in Mothercare to see if on the off chance it had one and there it was. I found this cute little book and once again, I couldn't put it back.
Also, on the subject of babies, we bought a pink and blue hat for my sister due in March because she decided to not find out the baby's sex. She had this idea that she would put the coloured hat on the baby when it is born showing the gender and send us a picture to reveal the baby's gender. I thought it was a cute idea and given I might be on placement during that time, I thought it would be great to see a picture if I couldn't make it to the hospital straightaway!!
And now, I have nothing else to share. I had a good day and seeing all different baby clothes and items, I can't wait got my nieces/nephews to arrive. It's annoying not to know what they are. But we'll find out sooooooon!!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment