Friday 7 February 2014

Favourite Taylor Swift Songs

SO, today I have the day off because thankfully, my uni has put no lectures for me on. And that is good in two ways because 1) I was started to feel really drained from taking antibiotics all week for my tonsillitis and 2) I've unfortunately developed a little bit of a cold with the crappy feeling you get and the constant runny nose. It's ridiculous. But today, I got to sleep in and I didn't have to get up early. WAHOO. Sign of a very good start to the weekend if you ask me. A Friday couldn't get any better! 
I am going to Taylor Swift's concert with Hollie and Rach on Monday and I'm super duper excited. I've loved Taylor since she first appeared on the scene with her lovey dovey songs about relationships and heartache. She was my favourite artist at around 14 and some of her songs have resonated with me more than they should have. I think that over the years, I've not listened to her as much but her songs always stick in my head and I find myself singing them. I do love her a lot and I can't wait to watch her perform. I think she's going to be amazeballs!
In light of this upcoming event, I am going to give a little list of my favourite Taylor Swift songs and this is going to be in no order whatsoever, mainly because I can't choose between them to find an absolute favourite. I love these songs for different reasons and I want to share them with you. If you don't like Taylor Swift, please stick around and read the rest of the blog. I beg!

22.
I love this song because there is a very strong story that goes behind this. After my Grandad died, I went back to uni and didn't want to be there. It was around the time this song was out and my housemate Harry did the only thing he knew how to make my time at uni a little bit happier and that was to find songs to make me laugh. It started with the song I Knew You Were Trouble where he would play the goat version of the song over and over again. And then this song came along and whilst we were working, he would randomly put it on and we'd belt out the words at the top of our lungs singing. It made me so happy and I laughed. It's one of my favourite songs because it makes me realise how much of a good friend he is and I cherish the fact he was so sweet enough to make me happy at such a tough time in my life.

Tied Together with a Smile.
This song is such an old song and one that I don't think many people know. This was a classic 14 year old song because for me at that time, it spoke every single word I was feeling. I am a very emotional person, I always have been and on top of that, I'm very insecure and have low self-esteem. This song sung to me because it felt like how I was feeling. I constantly put on a smile whenever I'm feeling down because I don't want anyone else to know. I also help everyone else with their problems putting them before myself and mine because I want to make everyone else smile. 

We Are Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together.
This song has to be on my list just because it's one of those songs that you want to hate so much but you end up liking it because it's always in your head. I remember singing this at the top of my lungs drunkenly so many times at uni. I love it. It's a classic.

The Story of Us.
I don't know why this song sticks with me but it just does. I feel like this was one of the songs that felt like Taylor changed a little in her demographic as well as her music style. A lot of the other songs were very true to who she was and then this one came along and it felt like there was a new horizon for her to capture. Or I'm talking a load of rubbish... Who knows?

Ronan.
This song was beautiful and I tear up every single time it comes on. It's so moving and touching that you can't hate it ever. There's nothing else more I can say, the song speaks so much more than I could ever dream to say about it.

There are probably a lot more that I have missed but those are a couple of the songs that I absolutely love. I can't help but relate to Taylor Swift and her songs in some sort of way.

Do you like Taylor Swift? Did you find this blog complete and utter trash? I'll let you know what the concert was like on Tuesday or Wednesday depending on how tired I am!

Love to you all. It's the weekend finally. What are you doing with your Friday night? I'm doing nothing, as per usual... BooHoo!

Never mind, see you all tomorrow my lovelies!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment