Sunday 2 February 2014

Tonsillitis Pain

For the pas week, I haven't been feeling well and I have been having a severe ear ache and throat ache coupled with a very painful swallowing. It was fine until yesterday morning. I woke up and my right side of my throat was inflamed and in a second I knew that I had tonsillitis. I had felt like I had tonsillitis the end of last year but it cleared up by itself. My tonsils didn't inflame at all at that time. But yesterday, by God, my tonsils were and still are huge.

The doctor from the walk in clinic gave me a 7 week round of antibiotics of Penicillin that have to be taken 4 times a day, of two tablets each time. After taking my antibiotics yesterday, I was comatosed for most of the day! 75% of time I was asleep.. Oops.

What's worst is that I didn't think my tonsils could get any bigger from yesterday BUT I was wrong. Obviously. My right tonsil is now impeding all access to my throat and the little dangly thing in the back of your mouth is now three times the size of what it is meant to be... 
Disclaimer!! This is no my mouth but it looks like this inside my mouth. 
Yes, I'm feeling a little bit sorry for myself but unless you've had tonsillitis you won't understand how horrible it is to have! I'm hoping that my tonsils will go down in the next couple of days because this is  not fun!

Have a wonderful Sunday lovely!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment