Monday 4 February 2013

21 is just a Number

What does a mature adult do for their 21st birthday?

Organise a roller disco party, of course...

I realise that most 21 year olds organise a massive party, either house, hall or club party, but I like to be a little different. Being at uni, I feel like I've had many of nights out, and many of birthdays that have been spent completely wasted with half of the night being forgotten in my drunken slumber. But 21 is one of the big birthdays and I don't want to just forget it. I really want to be able to spend some quality time with my friends that will always be in my memory. 

"Remember that time we went roller disco for your 21st; I had a blast..."

So, I know my birthday is ages away in June but I thought I would start thinking about what to do now. I came up with two ideas helped by my friends; either a bouncy castle or a roller disco.

I have done a bouncy castle before when I was about 13/14 and so I wanted something special, and different. Roller disco- old school and hilariously fun. 
That's the plan. I am going to invite my family and friends, and try to find a place that allows us to drink as well as rollerskate.

Although, as my friend Hollie has found recently; finding a good place to have a roller disco these days is awfully hard. When my parents were young, there were so many venues that offered the activity but as roller disco'ing got less popular, and people moved onto proper clubbing nights- the venues have dwindled.

I am not going to be deterred though. I shall roller disco to celebrate turning an official adult.

I'm so cool.

I shall keep you updated on the planning, and whether or not I can successfully execute this plan but if I don't; I honestly think my birthday will be ruined. Also, I am recruiting any of you guys onto this case, so if you know of a good place close to London, Surrey- let me know :)

Lots of love,
Nicole
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment