Tuesday 5 February 2013

Things Leant from Romance Books

The genre that I love to read and watch as well as write in is romance. I have read countless amount of books with this genre and although I wouldn't call myself an expert; I would say that I am very qualified to give you this list of things that I have learnt from romance books.

If you aren't as well informed about this genre- you will be by the end of it...
♥ Love prevails all
  If you are introduced to a girl and guy who are not together at the start, they will be by the end.

♥ Mr Right
  You only need to find "the one" to live happily ever after- there is only ever one man for you for the rest of your life... (yeah, right)

 If it's going too well, it'll go wrong
It's never plain sailing, there will be a cheat, divorce, disease or a death that will trial the couple's love, but this is referred back to my first point

 Appearance isn't all
It doesn't matter what you look like, there will be someone that loves you.

♥ Money is everything
The male figure of the story is almost always from a money background, i.e. business man, company owner or from an impossibly rich family (I'm guilty of this one)

 Heartbreak is inevitable
Despite the fact that people might believe romance books are highly stereotypical and unattainable, there are a lot of truth behind the heartbreaks and the struggles the protagonist goes through

♥ Love isn't just one thing
In many romance books, the idea is that love is just that of a couple. But if you pick a good romance novel, you realise that love comes in all shapes, sizes and forms- parent/child, friends and of course romantic. Love isn't just sex, or marriage but the small gestures of kindness and loyalty.
Whether you love or hate romance books, the fact is romance books holds some truth but at the same time, it holds a lot of misconceptions that people overestimate. Love is definitely not like the romance stories or films but it can be magical the way they describe it with the right person...

I'm a sucker for romance books and embarrassingly I'm still waiting for that movie moment... Saddo, I know ;)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment