Saturday 16 February 2013

I Want to Travel

Uni is almost over. PGCE is just around the corner. A real, full-time job is next.

I don't want to grow up.

In part, I want to go get a full-time job and have money of my own to do whatever I want with it. But I want to still be young. I am only 20, will be 21 when I graduate, and beside Cardiff and the places I've visited on holidays, I've never really travelled. I know it's the stereotypical line of students "I want to travel." But I do.

I want to be able to do it whilst I still can. And yet, to be able to do it, I need shed loads of money that I don't have. To get money, I need a full-time, well-paid job = ultimately a teacher. But the problem is that once I become a teacher, the likelihood of me upping sticks and travelling is unlikely. I'll get stuck into the rut of working, and finding a place to live that it won't happen.

I wish I was rich.

I need to seriously think about what I want to do with the upcoming months and year. And if travelling for 2 weeks this summer is all I can afford, I want to try and save up enough money to do so (providing I can find myself a job in this terrible economic climate). And if that doesn't work out, I can always do my PGCE for a year, qualify and go next summer. 

But I want to go!

I want to experience the world.

Come experience it with me, we can go on a Blogger adventure... Who's with me?
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment