Friday 15 February 2013

Technological Wonders

Internet. Where would I be without it? Lost.

However sad my answer to that question is, it is completely true.

Living away from home at uni, I can't even begin to imagine about how I could've possibly gone these last 2 and a half years without the technological advances that have allowed me to keep in contact with everyone back at home and those people in my life that aren't even in the same country any more  I have the Internet to thank for my continued strong bond with my friends and I am so grateful for that. We talk almost every day and I love it. The friends I have made at High School are the friends that I hope to keep for the rest of my life and technology allows me to do so. No doubt without it, we all would've gone our separate ways and have been just a distant memory...

Not only am I thankful for just the internet for IM, Facebook and Twitter where I regularly keep in contact with my friends, as well as blogging of course- but also the smaller technological advances such as mobile phones. The ability to pick up my phone and call my Mum whenever is a life-send. I don't think I would've been able to cope with being so far away if I didn't have the ability to just ring, text or tweet my family and friends. We're connected miles apart.
And going back to uni, and studying- the thought of not having the Internet to look up journals or books from the comfort of my own home seems preposterous. I can hardly stand working in a library as it is and I generally just go in, locate the book on the computer system, get a shed loads of books and come back out. But having to trail up and down the aisles to look for the books would literally be a nightmare. The time of writing an assignment would triple.

People moan and whine about how bad computers and the Internet is and how so many people waste their time away on it, but for me; it's everything. I love that I can talk to my friends, see what they're up to and feel connected when I'm so far away. 

It keeps me sane and makes me happy.

So thank you geniuses who have made my life a heck of a lot easier with the technological advances they have invented. I salute you!

Now, without the power of the Internet, you'd all miss my amazing *sarcasm* blogs ;)

Good day to you all, xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment