Friday 1 February 2013

Bane of my Existence

Once again, I am spending most of my day, today, travelling home for my friend's 21st birthday meal, and to see my family. The only thing I hate about having to get home by coach is the fact that the entire journey (from leaving my house in Cardiff, to getting to my house in London) takes around 5 hours on average, sometimes even longer.
Generally, if my coach leaves at 1:05PM, I will get there 15 minutes earlier on top of the 15 minutes it takes to walk so I leave my house at around 12:35PM. My journey on National Express says it should take 3 hours and 15 minutes so that takes me to 4:20PM and that generally isn't the time we arrive due to delays on the motorway and getting into London.

So, there are 2 trains before 5 that I can get if the coach is on time but I generally miss both (due to the fact I generally don't get off the coach til 4:40 and the train leaves at 4:47) and have to wait til 5:20PM for the next train which takes on average 25 minutes making my arrival at home around about 6o'clock. This ultimately means I would have been on the road travelling for around 5 hours... It's a mission and a half.

I'm looking forward to that monster of a journey. *insert sarcastic face here*

But I am more looking forward to getting home to see my family, my cats and then going out for a delicious dinner and drinks with my favourite people in the world. I love them all to death! Plus, over the weekend I get to see Molly again. It's all very exciting!

Home sweet home, London (for the weekend!)
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment