Saturday 23 February 2013

Where Is Spring?

The other day, there was glorious sunshine, with blue skies and a refreshing, light wind that whipped past you as you walked.

But very recently (in the past couple of days), there's been a blanket of clouds over the sky, a bitterly cold wind and no sun in sight. I thought that winter was finally thawing out and giving way for some lovely, springtime weather but apparently we're back to square one.

I can't wait for spring to finally come and the weather to get warmer. I miss the sun. There's nothing like walking out in the sunshine, in minimal clothing enjoying the rays and the smiles that everyone has on their face. The problem with winter is that you enjoy it up to a certain point and then you just want the lightness of spring/summer back. I certainly won't miss the frown that everyone wears when it's freezing.

At the same time, I know I shouldn't be wasting my days away with wishing it was months in the future because I will look back on these days with fond memories and wish that they had gone slower. I know that every day is precious and regardless of the weather, each should be enjoyed to the max, which I aim to do.

Have a lovely day everyone, and make sure you do something that gives you one of those uncontrollable smiles/laughs.

Love you all,
Nicole xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment