Saturday 2 February 2013

I'm Officially Mexican

I'm getting old... I can no longer happily drink Tequila sober...

I got back to London last night, got ready and went out with the best of friends for Tom's 21st. We got to the Mexican restaurant El Desperado, and I was surprised at how small the place was. For some reason, I was expected a large restaurant but I guess the small, cosy feel was appropriate for the Mexican theme. Although, it did literally feel like I was sitting on top of the people behind me. There's nothing like a stranger's overly obvious presence behind you to give you a good night.
We ordered the from the Fiesta menu that meant we got a free Sombrero and Tequila shot as well as two courses from the menu. I had chicken fajitas and one of the yummiest chocolate fudge cake. Tom even got a candle in his cake along with a very Mexican sounding happy birthday. It was a good night spending time with the people that I hadn't seen for weeks. 
Tom got a balloon that he quickly deflated after we got out the restaurant much to all of our dislike. He's such a party pooper! Although, carrying a massive sombrero and a balloon would've been slightly embarrassing. We did end up walking half the night but I had a good, albeit cold, night nevertheless. 








I miss these guys when I'm at uni so I'm very glad I came back for the weekend even if Tom didn't technically invite me ;)

Back to Cardiff tomorrow though. Twas a fleeting visit indeed; until a couple of weeks...
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment