Sunday 3 February 2013

Bye London

Until next time, this is a goodbye from Nicole.
Although I have done countless goodbyes to my family and friends to travel back to Cardiff, they always give me a sense of sadness. I am very much a family girl. Coming from a large family, it is hard to say goodbye to 7 people, 2 cats and a dog (and that's just my family.) But I know that even though I am leaving one family behind, I am going back to another family.

Recently, I've been thinking and missing my Nan. On Friday, my friend received a card and cheque from her Nan and Grandad telling her how proud they were of her recent exams and wishing her good luck for the last semester we have at Uni. When she was telling me, I felt jealous course through me because I know that my Nan is no longer around to tell me those sorts of things. Ever since that day, I have been wondering and hoping that if my Nan were still here, she'd be extremely proud of everything I've achieved and everything I've become...
With my graduation coming up, I feel a slight anger at life taking her away from me, and not having her see how much I've accomplished. She was taken from me too early, and uni was the thing that took me away from her. I know that even more so, it made me need to finish uni to make it worth the time I lost spent with her.

I hope that she's somewhere and she's proud of me, just like I've always been proud of how amazing she was during her life. I miss her, and love her. In July, I'll have officially graduated and her last words to me was "My Cardiff Girl" and I'll have graduated and become the Cardiff girl that she always though me of.

I hate goodbyes.

But for now, goodbye London, and I'll see you soon :) And for you guys, this is not a goodbye, this is a see you tomorrow!!
Much love,
Nicole
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment