Monday 25 February 2013

Reasons Why I Want to Teach

As I have all told you around 2 months ago, I got accepted onto a PGCE course to teach primary school children and I know that this is the most stereotypical job for girls who do an English degree. I have therefore comprised a list of reasons why I want to teach so much.
♥ Lifelong dream.
Teaching isn't for everyone but apparently it has been the only thing I've wanted to do for a very long time. Besides my pipe line dream of becoming a best-selling writer, there's nothing else I can imagine myself doing. I used to write registers when I was younger and pretend my teddies were my students giving them work to do etc. Apparently, it's in my blood. Whenever I say I want to be a primary school teacher, everyone always says how much I fit the mould; whether that's a good or bad thing I'll never know.

♥ Children are cute.
I would be lying if I didn't say that one of the reasons I want to teach is because of how cute children are to me. Some people hate children and some don't; I am definitely the latter. There's something magical about making a child smile and knowing that their joy and innocence is shown on their face; that their happiness is completely transparent for all to see. They're so innocent and just want to be accepted and loved; it makes me miss the times when someone can be your best friend in a second without all the troubles that come with growing up. 

♥ I want to make a difference.
So many jobs nowadays focus on the means of making money or scamming people out of money, i.e. big corporate businesses. But to me, if there's anything that makes this world go round, it's  not how much money people make, but the way we can do things to make people's lives better. Many people would say they want to be rich and have everything they've always wanted and dreamed of, but if I can change a little child's life path to be better, that's worth more than thousands of pounds.

♥ Children are our future.
It's such a cliché thing to say but it's true. Our future will depend on those that are growing up and being taught now. I want to make sure that our future generations get the best possible foundation in life to be successful and motivated. We talk about how few people nowadays are motivated to work and yet we don't do anything about it. We try to make up for our downfalls when really we should be eradicating those downfalls straight off; we should be thinking about prevention rather than a cure. If one child gets left behind in primary school, they'll develop a self-fulfilling prophecy to never achieve their full potential. I wanna be there to motivate and encourage children to reach the stars and achieve. I want to help make our future generations the best they possibly can be.
Whether or not you share my view about wanting to teach, these are my reasons for wanting to do so. I want to make a difference in life in any way I can and I think this is the best way that I can do it. Life isn't there for making shed loads of money, it's there for doing things that you love and enjoy. 

Don't confuse success with how much money you make, success is how happy you are at the end of your working day. Do a job that makes you happy.

I love you all, as always. Have a wonderful Monday, time is flying by so quickly so remember to savour every moment of happiness you get.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment