Tuesday 4 June 2013

Goodbyes

I'll let you into a little secret, I wrote this yesterday because I wanted to capture every single emotion that is currently going through my brain. Last night, I had my very last meal with Charlotte where we cooked together, drank cider and reminisced about all the memories we had created and shared in the three years we spent at University.

And now as I sit in my room typing this blogpost pretending it's Tuesday, I look around my room and remember all the little things I have managed to forget over the years, like the silly midnight McDonalds experiences and the time Charlotte chucked her umbrella at me on the way to dinner. Some of our memories are stupid but they're ours and I loved every second of it. I have slowly but surely begun packing up all my room and it's making me incredibly sad to know that this is it.

Sunday night, Harry said goodbye to me because he was due on a week long trip the next day and I could bear the thought of it being the last time we spoke so I rambled on about everything and anything just because I wanted to delay the inevitable; the last words. It's crazy to think how fast time has gone by and when I think back to 2010, it feels like a lifetime ago but at the same time, it feels like yesterday. So much has happened since then and I have been so thankful that I got to meet who I can now call my best friends. They've made the experience wonderful for me and I take with me 2 best friends and thousands of memories.
The thought of leaving today makes me want to weep because I know I won't be coming back in September. This is it. The pinnacle of every student's degree and I'm so sad. I told myself that I wouldn't cry but I'm pretty sure that's a useless task because I definitely will.

I cried leaving home to move to Uni and I am damn sure that I'm going to cry leaving Uni to move back home.

Fuck me, it's been a whirlwind adventure and I've had the best time. I can't believe it's over.

That's it. No more Uni for me. It's another goodbye, which you all know I hate.
It's been grand, Cardiff. Farewell!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment