Friday 28 June 2013

Wimbledon 2013

After having such a drama-filled day on Wednesday at Wimbledon with all the withdrawals and injuries, the chances of Andy Murray winning the championship have just ranked a little higher. I don't think I am going to be able to control my excitement when he next plays- I'm already talking to the TV at the moment let alone when he gets further in the competition. I watched last year and truth be told, I kinda fell in love with him. 
I know people say horrible things about him and don't like him because of a comment he made 10 years ago that segregated him from England and Britain, but the tears that fell when he lost last year showed how human he was. You can't deny that isn't someone who is trying his very best to reach his dreams and to some people, his personality might come off as arrogant and miserable but I see him as just one of us. He works so hard to try to reach his dream and at the end of the day, aren't we all trying hard to reach our dreams? Everyone has their own quirks to their personality but he works his butt off for his passion and dream and I can't hate him for that; I don't see who can.
Anyway, I love Wimbledon and I am blown away by all the twists and turns that are surprising every single one of us this year. I only really watch the men's tennis because I'm not the greatest fan of the sexual sounds that the women emit when they are hitting the ball. The very first surprise was when Darcis beat Nadal and I thought Murray's got this. And then on Wednesday Federer was knocked out and my heart swelled at the possibility that this year, Murray's tears would be joy and not devastation. 
I am not really into sport but I could watch tennis all day, if it was played by people I knew. I love how close it can be and the pure power behind the players. Most of my days are spent watching tennis and I make my family watch it too whether they like it or not. The best thing about not being at uni is that I'm in most of the day and get to keep the remote so they really have no choice. I know I shouldn't be counting my chickens before they hatch with Murray as there are loads more rounds (3rd and 4th round, quarters, semis and then the final) but I like to hope that he can fly through those without any ease and reach the final. I'm hoping for us to reclaim the title. The last British male tennis player to win Wimbledon was Fred Perry way back in 1936- that's an incredible 77 years ago. It's our time.

It's Murray's time.

Are any of you guys watching Wimbledon? If so, who are you rooting for? Do you like Murray? Let me know, I'm intrigued to find out why people hate Murray so much.

I love you all! Enjoy Wimbledon as much as I am.
Nicole
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment