Monday 24 June 2013

Motivational Monday #10

I have officially been doing this weekly segment for 10 weeks now and you have had 10 glorious Motivational Mondays that I hope make you feel inspired but I'm sure they just make you feel bad... Sometimes, they make me feel bad because I know that what I'm saying is true, it's just hard to actually do it. That's the thing about life, nothing we want is easy and it sucks BALLS! Anyway, now we've reached a nice whole number of 10, do you want me to continue with this segment and see how far my motivation can take us or is there any other segment that you want me to do on Monday's instead? Let me know belowwww.
 We all hurt one another across the lifespan of our life and friendships. It's inevitable that at one moment in our life, we are going to do something to a friend or loved one that will hurt them to the very core and although we apologise and we move on, there is always a grudge left behind whereby the person who got hurt doesn't forget the pain they were put through. Such grudges can last a lifetime or they can be nipped in the bud. The truth is as humans, we like to think that we would never cause someone else such pain and misery but the fact is, we normally do. For some reason, we take some moral high ground after someone hurts us and we deem them unforgivable. 

Everyone does it. I've held grudges for most of my life. We can't help it. When someone hurt us, it's hard to let that hurt go and the more you hold onto it, the bigger your grudge is going to get. I've lost plenty of good friends by holding grudges and I've definitely regretted it. But there comes a time in your life where you can just look back on whatever it is you're holding your grudge for and just think that it's not worth it. It's not worth all the negative things that you pump round your head late at night ultimately making you feel bad nor is a grudge healthy to the soul.
People are going to hurt others, intentionally or unintentionally; that's just the way we were made. But there's a difference in the way that you deal with it all. You can sit around and harbour negative feelings about someone that hurt you in the past slowly venting and damaging  your own personality and what you stand for or you can take someone at face value, accept their apology and move on. Everyone deserves a second chance, and if they mean that much to you, they deserve a third chance too. I'm not saying that you should go around and take the hurt that someone might dish out to you but we all are going to make mistakes. If it's out of their character to hurt you, let the grudge go. If they're a bitch and constantly hurt you, then I say cut them out of your life.

Know when to hold a grudge against a friend and when to hold their hand. Nine times out of ten, whatever they did was a mistake and they regret it; don't punish them further for a mistake that could've easily been made by you or me. We have to show love and compassion to receive it back to us. Let's love and not hate!

That wraps up my 10th Motivational Monday in a row. Again, let me know if you want this to continue or if you just don't care...

I'm going to bake some cakes now because I feel like it and I haven't for a long while. Love to you all, catch you tomorrow. Ta'ra

No comments:

Post a Comment