Friday 7 June 2013

Pass


I was 100% sure that today I was going to come out of the testing centre with the knowledge that I was going to have to spend £20 for a retest to pass the numeracy QTS test. But thankfully, I came out on cloud nine as I read the words "congratulations" on the piece of paper handed to me afterwards. The feeling of immense relief flooded my body and if I was on my own, I would've literally jumped for joy.
It took everything out of me having to revise it all, and resulted in me bursting into tears numerous times before in the week because I honestly didn't believe that I could do it. The past couple of days, I had taken tests and just managed to pass them, which was a little more comforting but I was still a bundle of nerves. Maths is by no means my worst subject, and subconsciously I knew I could do it, but the thought of mental arithmetic scared me to the core. The lack of a calculator to work out sums terrifies me but now I know I can do it!

But, I did it. I passed it and now I am definitely going to do my PGCE next year given the fact I have now fulfilled all the conditions of my conditional offer. Annoyingly, new teacher trainees have to pass the numeracy and literacy QTS tests before they even enrol on the course but it gets it out the way, I guess. I am now just waiting on my 2:1 degree to secure my £4,000 bursary next year and life will be grand.

It's been a long and hard journey these past couple of months but now that I have finished my degree and passed my Professional Skills tests, I can enjoy the time given for summer and get really excited for the great things coming up in the next week or so.

Done and dusted!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment