Saturday 8 June 2013

Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows

The sunshine, when it makes an appearance, is glorious, beautiful and downright welcomed. I love sitting out in the sun, or going out for walks when the sun beams down on my head and warms me right down to my very toes. There's nothing like adding extra vitamin D in your body. It also means that the majority of people are happy because it's not all doom and gloom around them. Let's be honest, most of the time people have faces like slapped arses.
Today, my family and I took my Aunt to go see the Carshalton Carnival and although it only really consisted of a couple of floats and handful of people to make up the marching band and cheerleaders, it was a nice thing to watch go by. It has been a tradition for years, although it has depleted a lot over time but it's a lovely 10 minutes nevertheless, especially when it is such beautiful weather. We took the dogs and they got numerous comments from little girls about how cute they were with their little bows. They don't really like the crowds but they do like getting out to smell all the different scents and see the different sights.

Afterwards, we went to lunch at the Harvester, which is always a good meal out. It filled my tum for the time being and it was nice after weeks and months of upheaval to get out and chill out for a little while. It was strange going back to the Harvester when my Nan died 2 years ago, and this was the first time we had returned since my Grandad died. This meant it was a little bittersweet knowing that he wasn't there but he would've been glad that we were taking such good care of my Aunt and giving her lots of things to make her happy. 
Being the Caspar lookalike that I am, I need all the help I can get with gaining a tan and so I sunbathed a little. Although, stupid Nicole never puts on suntan lotion in England because "I won't burn in this amount of sun" but I always manage to til I'm red-raw. I really hope that I don't burn today because it makes the next day awfully painful.
All in all, my Saturday has been great with lots of reasons to smile. The sun always brings out the best in people and it shows how beautiful life can be. It shows how much life should be celebrated and loved- there may be moments of great pain and sadness but at the end of the day, it has its moments of pure and utter gorgeousness that makes us all happy to be alive.

I hope your Saturday has been as good and happy as mine and if not, I hope whatever it is you are going through gets better soon. Always look on the bright side however hard it is to do.

Love you lots,
Nicole
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment