Thursday 20 June 2013

Throwback Thursday #5

More pictures of Nicole and her family from the past are divulged here!

Starting with the very first picture, I just wanted to let you guys know, if you didn't already, that there were six of us as children with only two of my parents. This meant that there was not enough arms to carry us out when we were younger. You always see those children who have fallen asleep on the chairs in the club on a night on their camping holiday. Our old stomping ground was Haven and we always used to push two chairs together and lay on the top with our head on one and our legs on the other. I can only imagine what we looked like given the fact there were 6 of us. The only problem was that my Mum and Dad only had space to carry two of us at a time meaning that there was either 2 children left alone or my Dad had to do 3 trips to get us all home.

This is turning into a fairly long story when it wasn't meant to be. Cutting it a little shorter, my Dad used to carry us out of the clubs every night because we had fallen asleep. Like so...
My Mum and Dad told us one time that someone came along and offered to carry two of us because they saw how many kids there were and limited amount of hands. I personally find this hilarious and would've loved to have seen the spectacle that we created in the club. Bless my parents for not waking us up and making us walk- I think I would've...

Second picture was taken at the memorial of Princess Diana's death. Outside Buckingham Palace, there was rows and rows of hundreds of flowers and my Mum and Dad had dragged all 6 of us to London that day amongst the crowds to lay flowers for her. Here you can see, a great trick of mine on my brother- the good old "what's this" trick and then flicking their nose when they look down. Love it!
 Aren't we adorable?
 And finally, a picture of us when we were a little bit older. This was when we were all at primary school and so greatly proud of ourselves for being valued members at the after school skipping club. We used to religiously go there and I would say that half of the club was made up of us Ryans. It was so much fun but a little sad now looking back at it. We enjoyed it nevertheless and thankfully it was one of the times that all dressing the same was a must. It wasn't just us that were dressed the same. Except the fact we wore lovely belly tops whilst others covered their modesty with big tops... Always the same.
I hope you enjoyed this section of Throwback Thursday and eagerly look forward to next week where I can share with you some more of my valued childhood photos that have a story or two attached to them.

Do you feel like you know me more? Or are simply a little perverted for eagerly waiting for pictures of a young Nicole? Either way, I hope you've enjoyed it!

Love you all lots, have a great day! 
Try and not melt in the horrid humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment