Saturday 22 June 2013

No More Cardiff

After much time playing Tetris with the various amounts of stuff I have accumulated over 3 years, we finally got my bedroom cleared out and placed in the car. We left this morning at 10:30 with the knowledge that we were embarking upon a great mission packing up my life for the final time. As we crossed the bridge, it dawned on me that there was no more Cardiff for me aside from Graduation Day. It's sad and I didn't quite realise until my whole room was cleared out like the shell I had arrived to.
Disclaimer: Not my car...
We hoovered and steam cleaned all the floors and then went for a lovely meal halfway through just to make the journey worth it. There would not have been a journey home if we hadn't fed my Dad. He drove 3 hours on the way there and then 3 hours on the way back whilst me and my Mum dozed off a little in the back. I felt back but unfortunately, I can't drive; not without joking with my Dad that I would drive home. Rather surprisingly, he said I could because it wasn't his car but he would've never let me get behind the wheel in a millions of years.
This is it. I am now done with Cardiff and my university experience has ended. I will no longer be a resident there, nor will I be living on my own anymore. I can't help but have the memories of University roll over me constantly as I slowly but surely remember the small things that I have forgotten. I really will miss Cardiff and although at times, I have resented living so far away, it has changed me in ways that I couldn't imagine. I grew up there and learnt so many new things that I can't help but keep a special place for it in my heart.

It's done. 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment