Saturday 15 June 2013

The Lion King Review

I went and saw The Lion King yesterday night at the Lyceum Theatre and all I can say is wow. It was so spectacular and beyond everything I thought it was going to be. The Lion King is a definite, must-see. 
And if you don't believe me, you should book a ticket and see for yourself. It is sensational, and the story is told with such beauty and elegance that you completely forget about the Disney film adaption and you get pulled into a world of singing, dancing and extraordinary emotion. I can't tell you how many times I had a huge, wide smile on my face or the times when I had a tear in my eye. It pulls you completely into their world and the rest of reality disappears. 
The costumes were incredible and I can't believe how talented the people were to create such movements that were replicas of the exotic and wild animals they were portraying. They had a way of taking a small motion and making it so elegant and so real that it had the effect of a grand gesture rather than a simple tilt of their head. There was so much detail in all of the costumes and such care taken with choreographing every small dance routine that it all pulled together with brilliance.
The vocals of all the cast were extraordinary and I remember plenty of times when a song number gave me chills and goosebumps- the real indicator that their singing was incredible. I'm usually not a fan of child actors, but the children that played little Simba and Nala were adorable and so amazing that I fell in love with them. The little girl who portrayed little Nala had such a huge voice encompassed in her small body and it blew me away. I could seriously listen to her voice every single moment of the day!
The whole story was executed beautifully and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole performance. In fact, I believe I told my Dad the second the curtains closed that I wanted to see it again straight-away. It was worth the wait and it was one of the perfect ways to celebrate my birthday and finishing my degree. Times haven't been easy recently but as my Mum said, its those kind of nights that just make you realise that life isn't always terrible and it makes the hard times more bearable. I loved it, and I couldn't recommend it any more. I place it in a special part of my heart and it will always rate highly on my experiences.
I'm not sure I could add in anymore adjectives but if I could, I would! You can really tell why it is so loved by everyone who goes and sees it. They deserve all the praise and awards that it receives because it really is remarkable.

Go see The Lion King. I love you and now I am excited for my roller disco party tonight! I can't wait and I hope I don't fall on my butt, but I know if I do- I'll let you know tomorrow.

Hope you all have a lovely, and sunny Saturday and I shall see you tomorrow, as always.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment