Monday 10 June 2013

Motivational Monday #8

It feels like exactly a week ago we had this conversation about Motivational Monday... Oh wait, it is! I'm so funny... Nawt!

I don't know whether this preachy, do-as-I-say type of blog works for you, but I like it anyway. It feels like I am doing my small bit in trying to motivate people to be better and feel better in their life. It's in my nature to try and help people by giving advice; so what better way to do that than via this? This is not really a stand alone Motivational Monday segment because I feel like this message has been one of the recurring elements throughout my past editions of this segment but I wanted to reinforce it on more than one situation.
1. This works for education and where you want to go whether that is finishing GCSE's, doing A levels, a BA degree, or postgraduate degrees. It is hard. I give it to you that none of it is easy and it only gets harder but the fact it is hard should bring to you a sense of pride rather than a discouragement. It proves to you that you are smart and worthy of being able to complete something that you find so difficult. It shows that not everyone could do it because if it wasn't hard everyone would be doing it. Getting qualifications is hard because it's great and it helps you in every other aspect of life.

2. Work. This is one of the hardest things in life because you are constantly doing it and unless you maintain a good level of commitment and work ethic, you won't be in the job for long. You have to keep working on it and bettering yourself in order to keep that job that you tried so hard to get. It makes it worthwhile when you are the one that gets picked over x amount of other candidates. You work hard to reap those big rewards that make you feel amazing, i.e. a pay rise, the promotion you have been waiting for or even a small token of recognition at the end of the week with a "good work" from your boss.

3. Life. Love. Relationships. They each have their hardships and they each have their positives. The reason everything is so hard is because things don't come around all the time. We don't always find that best friend round the corner because if we did, the friendship would mean nothing. It is hard to find it and maintain it between life struggles because it's so great when we need it. This works for friendships, relationships and also family relations. What makes it so great is also what makes it so hard.
You can't have one without the other. You can't have ease with greatness nor can you have greatness without struggle. The two are a collocation that can't be separated and the more we realise the hardships we are going through are what create the greatness in our life, the less we will moan about them being hard and maybe the little bit easier they might become. Not easy, but easier...

Does any of that make sense? I hope so. And I know if I haven't hit the nail on the head, the premise of my motivational speech is there and you're all smart enough to read around the waffle and get the meaning.

Hey, on a different note, did you know it's my birthday on Thursday? :D I'm excited!

Love to you all, as always. Have a wonderful Monday and week! 
I know you will because I'll be right here with you.
xxxx

If you've missed the other parts of Motivational Monday, catch up here:

No comments:

Post a Comment