Sunday 30 June 2013

Kite Flying Fun!

Yesterday, Hollie, Tom and I took an adventure to Epsom Downs to fly Tom's kite and bask in the very rare sunshine here in normally rainy England. We set off just before 12PM and got to a very surprisingly empty Epsom Downs. Sunbathing is an amazing feeling knowing that you don't have anything to worry about or to dwell on your troubles.
Let's just say that I was not very good at flying the kite. I wasn't terrible but I definitely didn't have the natural knack for it coupled with the fact that I was scared of the wind blowing me off the ground, which was highly unlikely but I'm a pansy. I have a definite fear of falling on the floor or being dragged by something and flying a kite encompasses a little fear of both. We all had a go on the kite but I had much rather laid in the sunshine than do anything physical. 

My attire was not really cut out for a sunny day as well as a strenuous activity on your arms. For some crazy reason, I went out the house in jeans and a black top with a cardigan despite the fact I knew it was going to be 21 degrees.. Silly Nicole. The trouble with England is that when it looks like it's going to be sunny, it's cold and ends up raining. I have been living in Cardiff, Wales for 3 years and whenever it looks sunny there, it's always cold with the amount of the wind- hence the fact my mind is programmed to either always carry a coat or an umbrella. 
I had a great time and loved being outside in the sun realising that life isn't all doom and gloom. I also love hanging out with my friends and have been making the most of doing nothing. Friday night, we went out for dinner and yesterday morning, we were at Epsom Downs. Also, last night Hollie and Tom came round to keep me company at my sister's flat as I looked after Molly- film nights are always the ticket! I had a great time and Molly was a great hit with my friends. She really is the most adorable puppy ever and if you don't believe me, come meet her and tell me otherwise! I double dog dare you.
I love my friends and spending time with them in the beautiful sunshine is hopefully on the cards for a lot of the summer. I hope you all have had a great weekend!

xxx

P.s. This is a short video of Tom flying the kite yesterday! It's funny as hell and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment