Thursday 3 January 2013

Bowling

"Let's bowl, let's bowl; let's rock and roll..."

Tonight, I combined two of my great loves of life: friends and ten pin bowling. I got off to a rocky start, with my nails being a fairly big hindrance to my talent ;) (no excuse at all). I was far too careful about pulling my whole nail off as the ball flew from my hand to go plummeting down the lane to crash against the pins pushing them to the ground.

The God to honest truth? In the first game, I lost.

But not by a fair mile, Hollie and Alice tied first place with 83 and I came a CLOSE second with 80. That's not bad, right? If you're going to lose, you lose with a couple of points between you and first place.

But by golly did I come back with a fighting fever with our second game. I got a strike and spare within my first two bowls, and it just kept getting better and better.

In the second game, I WON!!

To be serious for a second, I love the time I get to spend with my friends that I don't get to see for weeks on end. Whenever we're together, we always end up laughing ridiculous amounts, and coming up with crazy ideas that don't make any sense to anyone else other than us. We're best friends :)

Next time you play bowling, don't put the sides up; it takes away the fun. Also, try to bowl on the opposite hand that is dominant. Mine went straight to a gutterball; oops!

Lots of love,
Nicole
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment