Tuesday 22 January 2013

Ten Guilty Pleasures

According to Wikipedia, a guilty pleasure is: "something one enjoys and considers pleasurable despite feeling guilty for enjoying it. The "guilt" involves is sometimes simply fear of others discovering one's lowbrow or otherwise embarrassing tastes."


Even single one of us has our guilty pleasures. The things that we know we shouldn't love, or shouldn't have but can't help but love it anyway. This varies from being out and proud about the thing you shouldn't love, or a love that is a closet pleasure. Either way, for you guys today, I am going to share with you my top 10 (of this moment) guilty pleasures...


1. Chocolate. We'll start with a pleasure that I am most definitely vocal about. If there was ever a time that chocolate was unavailable, I would potentially cry. It's a staple in my life.

2. Old music. The songs that sing to my heart are the ones that were released ranging from the 60's-90's. Don't get me wrong, I like the music nowadays but nothing makes me happier than listening to the golden oldies... Mellow Magic, you are my one true love.

3. Sappy love stories. This is either books or films, I'm not really fussed. If you took one look at me, you could probably tell this was my genre of choice. I'm a hopeless romantic and every hopeless romantic needs a sappy love story to swoon over.

4. A cold cider chilling at home with my family. Not many 20 year olds could say that they would choose their family over going out, but since moving away to Uni, I value the time I get with my family much more now. What says guilty pleasure better than a cold cider, and family time? And the only thing that makes this more perfect is a summer BBQ to go with it.

I cry exact like this... Fact!
5. Crying. This is a weird guilty pleasure for me, and I know some people will say that this is probably the thing they hate the most. But whenever I'm down, or sad, or even happy; I end up feeling things so deeply that the only way I can let out all the strong emotions inside is by crying. Afterwards, I feel like a whole weight has been lifted from me and there's nothing better than the refreshing feeling of post-cry.

6. Reading Daily Mail online. So what the stories are not always true and factual and ALWAYS have a daily fail in there somewhere (typos etc), I absolutely love some of their stories. Whether it be the most recent celebrity gossip or the adorable videos/pictures of baby animals; they never fail to brighten up my day. And yes, by the name of it, I sometimes end up checking it daily. It makes me happy and it's a guilty pleasure of uneducated'ness which I love!!

7. Writing stories. I have shared a bit with you, and I am now a little bit more open about my love of writing than I used to be and have to say it is a HUGE guilty pleasure of mine. If any of you have wanted to create a whole different world for yourself, and take yourself on wild adventures; you can imagine and relate to this guilty pleasure. I LOVE IT!

8. One Direction. Haters gonna hate me for this. But seeing as I'm being open and honest about this, I have to admit that yes, I am a fan of One Direction. I am not, however, a psychopathic fan that tweets others horrible things. There's no other song better to belt out after you've had one too many alcoholic beverages than "What makes you beautiful." It's a fact. Their music makes you want to dance, and makes you happy. Guilty. Pleasure. Definition!

9. Sleeping in until the afternoon. If I could do this everyday, don't think I wouldn't stop myself from doing it. A guilty pleasure, a love and a necessity in life. There's nothing worse for me than waking up at the crack of dawn, still tired and feeling like shit. Whenever I can wake up at 12:30, sometimes 1PM; I feel so well slept and ready for the day... Well, sort of. It's a perfect pleasure.

And time for the biggie...

10. Looking at half naked guys... It absolutely had to be included. I don't care who you are, if you're a straight girl (or gay guy) there is nothing more guiltier or more pleasurable than looking at a hot guy who has a fit body and happens to be half naked... 

So, there you have it. Those are my 10 guilty pleasures that I am willing to share with you. I am sure I have plenty of other guilty pleasures, but I couldn't give away ALL my secrets in one blog post, could I?

Hope you're all having a wonderful Tuesday, enjoying the snow/ice if you still have it and generally loving life. Think about your guilty pleasures and I bet right now you are imagining hot, semi naked guys, and for that; you are most welcome ;)

Until next time, beautiful people, BYEEEE
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment