Friday 18 January 2013

Snow...

Yesterday, I was massively excited for the fact that the Met Office had issued Wales, and where I live Cardiff, a rare red warning for snow. On the news, they had said that they hadn't issued a red warning in over 2 years and this meant to me, ultimate thick layer of snow; a good couple of inches with the potential of being snowed in...

I should really stop thinking that something that cool will happen to me.

I was up at 2AM last night waiting patiently to watch the snow fall down in heaps but was disappointed when in fact it was raining. Typical Wales, I hear you say. And then this morning I woke up at about 10 o'clock and excitedly went to my window to check the masses of snow that would've surely fallen over night given the serious snow warning that had me so excited to build a snowman, and I saw this... Bearing in mind, I'm sure the street was nicely covered earlier but given the amount of people and cars that go down my road; there's no surprise that it didn't look perfect.

Anyway, the fact is, regardless how much snow had accumulated over night, I would've been in the exact same position as I am in now. In bed, with piles of paper around me trying to revise for my exams whilst watching the snow fall longingly out of my window. I wish I didn't have to be so responsible and could play in the snow.

Although, my fingers are seizing up with how cold it currently is in my house. Every time I move them to type this, there is a shoot of pain that goes up my hand, no word of a lie. The worst part of this is that the boiler man came yesterday and told us that our boiler is broken and so there's no heating. Yay. Being a student is so much fun!

Look how pretty Cardiff is today!
My time of avoiding work is up which makes me sad. Hope you're all safe, warm and having fun in the snow! Be glad that you might actually be able to go out in it unlike me, who has to stay home and revise :(

We'll see how long it takes till people get pissed off over the lingering snow and ice. I'm sure many of you are already feeling the anger rise inside of you.


Chill out, be happy; it's only a little bit of precipitation ;)
BYEEE xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment