Saturday 5 January 2013

Just Giving

I posted a blog a while ago talking about donating my hair to a charity called Pantene Beautiful Lengths. Recently, I have been researching about hair donation and although I wanted to donate my hair to help women with cancer, I found out that the charity was strictly to help American and Canadian women. Despite the fact every woman, all over the world, who is going through cancer treatment and hair loss needs people to be charitable and kind in donating, I wanted to find a charity that helped people a little closer to home.

From this, I further researched if there was a charity that worked for women in the UK, but there wasn't any charity for this; that I could find. On my quest for researching, I came across the charity called Little Princess Trust that provides free wigs for children, both boys and girls, who are going through cancer treatment as well as other conditions, mainly alocepia, in the UK and Ireland.

As a result, I have changed the charity, but have not changed the donation in the slightest. In addition to donating my hair to such an inspiring charity, I have also set up a JustGiving page in order for anyone to donate money to the charity to further assist them in helping children suffering if they wish. Any donation at all is greatly appreciated and I hope that we, together, can bring a child the greatest gift for 2013. 


Appearance is important to all of us, and children have a tough enough time during school finding out who they are and making friends whilst tackling the greatest trials in our life; let alone being bullied for being different. This charity provides real hair wigs to children to allow them to feel like other children- taking away some of their unhappiness, whilst going through some of the worst times that anyone can go through; let alone a child.


I want to make a difference in every way that I can and I hope that from this I can. I've been blessed with good health, fast growing hair and a stable family life; other people aren't so lucky and we need to help them :)



The link for my donation page is: http://www.justgiving.com/Nicole-Ryan

Hair length on 15/12/2012
I am planning to cut my hair next week before I go back to uni and so will look forward to taking pictures for you all, to show you the hair donation as well as my new hair. I hope you come along for my journey and also help me along in making a difference.

Thank you all so much for your support verbally, emotionally or through my donation page; anything is perfect!

Much love as always,
Nicole
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment