Monday 28 January 2013

Freak Weather

Lately, we've had such a diverse set of weather that it is blowing my mind. First, we had snow and temperatures that were ridiculously. And then it went to being cloudy, no snow but still freezing cold, which then reverted back to snowing that lasted for a day. And now, we apparently have a bipolar weather system. Throughout the day there are periods of glorious sunshine, loud torrential rain, loud torrential hailstones that are the size of small stones (which end up covering the entire road in a white blanket that looks like snow but is in fact ice) and terrifying thunder storms that scare the living day lights out of me.
I don't know where my hatred of storms has come from but I've never liked them even when I was little to this very day. I don't like the fright it gives me when the flash of lightning comes, nor do I like the rumble of thunder that I know will follow. 

Despite that, I love looking out the window at the rain, and hailstones because it's so pretty as well as how loud it is. I don't think anyone can hear themselves think whilst it is in it's torrential downpour period.

More rain, less storms, please...

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment