Monday 14 January 2013

I Had The Chop..

Not that kind of chop, you dirty-minded people. I'll have you know I am a woman, and I deserve some respect ;)

Just kidding, lame jokes by Nicole are lame...

So, I finally got my hair cut ready to donate to the charity, Little Princess Trust. I have been waiting for one of my sister's friends to text back saying when she was free to come and cut my hair but yesterday, I got impatient. I got impatient, and I decided that I was going to go to a hair salon and get it cut. This worried me more than the usual haircut at the salon because I knew they couldn't mess up. Could you imagine if they make the cut wrong and not to the specifications of how to donate? I would be so sad, and mad that I had wasted 8 inches of my hair when it could've been given to some precious child to make their life happier.

Thank God, they did it right. I even took a tape measure and in the end, I had 11 inches cut off. Yes, I am that sad but it's important. One wrong thing and my hair wouldn't be usable and all my efforts of growing it and fundraising would be for nothing.

I now have short hair. I told you guys I wanted to document my experience of donating hair and so I have provided some pictures of before and after as well as my ponytail of hair that I will send off and donate...



I can tell you, even before I have sent it off; I feel absolutely amazing. Whenever I do something charitable, I always have the greatest feeling of being worthy and I couldn't ask for a better feeling. Sometimes, we feel like we are such insignificant beings due to the fact we are just one amongst billions of people in the world. But, when we can help, and when we can make a difference, the rewarding feeling of your life being meaningful is indescribable.

None of us are able to cure cancer, or eradicate poverty or even find a solution for the wars raving in our worlds but we can do our bit. We can do the small things, and just as pennies make up pounds, small, kind actions can make up miracles for people.

I love you all and thank you so much for supporting me through this experience. I am definitely sure the next time I have long hair and am bored, I'm going to be donating it again to a worthy, inspiring cause.

I also managed to raise £105 on my JustGiving page to donate to the charity. If any of you are still wanting to sponsor me and donate to the case, the link is below and I appreicate every penny that people have donated, or will donate...

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment