Wednesday 9 January 2013

It's That Time Again...

I haven't posted one of these hippie, love yourself and everyone around you type blogs in a while; so I hope you enjoy this one. Those hippies knew a thing or two about being happy with life and yourself, let's take a leaf out of their book.. But don't do drugs... Or sleep around with anyone. In fact, let us just love...

Last night, I was looking at pictures of myself from 2008, all the way to 2012/now. I think it's crazy to think and view how much we change over time. Whenever we look in the mirror, we can see small changes but on a whole; we never really see any huge differences as the days go by. But when I look back, I can see how much older I've gotten and how I'm no longer the teenager I was before.

For some of you, especially those that have known me for years and have watched me grow, I know I probably look very similar. And I know that's because my facial features aren't going to change but they have definitely matured.

I'm on the right - Jan 2008. Age 15
It got me thinking about the period in our lives, that everyone goes through, when you are just not an attractive person. I've had many of conversations with people about this and figured out that every girl, at least, goes through a stage where they just are not pretty. Obviously, this time is different for everyone and the length of time as well, but for me, I can remember it very clearly. I would have to say my awkward, ugly days were definitely of High School. All the way from year 7-11. It was only when I went into Sixth Form in year 12 that I started to figure out who I was and grow into the person I am today. I gained confidence and started to know how to do my hair, and what make-up looked best on me.

Oct 2012. Age 20
Now, this isn't to say I think I'm God's gift or anything remotely beautiful (I don't think that), but I can appreciate that I have grown prettier with age and I'm mighty glad that puberty does that for you. I know so many young girls nowadays feel the pressure to wear make-up, to do everything other girls do especially when they're going through their unattractive stage but I wish I could take every girl aside and tell them that looks doesn't matter when you're 13/14 no matter how much you think they might. I would tell them to just enjoy being a teenager, focus on their work and have good friends around them because I know one day they'll grow into their looks and they'll be glad that they were able to find happiness with themselves naturally.

Everyone is beautiful, it might take some of us a while to grow into our beauty, but that doesn't mean you aren't beautiful inside and out. I hope people take away from this blog that regardless of how they might feel, you never know what is heading your way in the future. Who would've imagined how their life has turned out now? Did any of you guys think you could become as pretty and lovely as you are now?

Just gotta have faith in humankind that everyone will figure itself out!


BYEEEEE!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment