Wednesday 30 January 2013

TV Addict

The first couple of weeks of semesters, there is hardly any stress placed on students unless you have your dissertation or your essays from older modules are due in. But for me, I have a clean slate where I get no assignments given to me until around the 3rd week of the semester. This means that I have copious amount of time for other things. Granted, I have extra reading to do but I only have 9 hours at uni and the rest of the time, I have nothing else to do. 
This leaves me becoming a TV addict. And what shows do you watch, I hear you all ask (just nod, smile and pretend that you care, which I know you don't.)

 The Vampire Diaries
I have a series love of this show. And yes, you can say about how Twilight has created an influx of crappy vampire shows but until you have seen The Vampire Diaries, hush and let me talk. It is nothing like Twilight and makes the show look like it's been made for bunch of 5 year olds'. The cast is hot, the story lines are cool with amazing twists and turns that have you wanting the next episode now and their acting is so good. It's the cooler, edgier and by far the better sibling of the two. I highly recommend.

  Grey's Anatomy
I am a sucker for everything real life based and I know what you're going to say- "but Nicole it's not real life, it's made up." I got that, but the stories they have (granted, not all of them) have some basis in reality; they are based on things that happen everyday and i love it. Sometimes it's makes me cry, sometimes it makes me laugh but it's one of those shows that no matter how gross or gory they make it; you keep going back to watch over and over again. It follows the attendings and their students personal lives as well as their professional one. I like it a lot.

 Hart Of Dixie
This probably wouldn't be everyone's first pick, and the accents take a little time to get used to but it follows a New York doctor who inherited half a GP practice in Bluebell. And if you think it is going to be plain sailing but there is always a little bit of drama that comes along with the town. It's not really your average teenage American sitcom based in a High School, but it does have the generic girl meets boy set-up. If you have time on your hands, give it a watch.

 Suits
Now this one is completely different from the past 3, and has such a serious, intelligent undertone that I can't help but love it. The show is based around lawyers and the cases that they take on. It's one of those shows that you have to watch to the end to find out how they unravel it all and the way they win the cases. It's clever and also has a humorous element that makes the characters loveable. 

 Teen Mom 2
This is my recent guilty pleasure, and it is only because I love you all that I am going to share this embarrassing love of mine. I don't know whether or not you guys love reality TV but there's something about Teen Mom 2 that makes me want to watch the girls' life dealing with their children, their children's father and the general issues of teenage life. It is one of those shows that you want to hate, but end up loving it. If you ever feel bad about where you're at in your life, give it a watch because it'll make you feel a heck of a lot better!

Those are all the shows that I am religiously watching right now. I know they are neither the best, nor the most educational out there but hey, it's my free time to watch things that make me happy. I'm sure if you were to list your TV shows, you'd see how stupid some of them are ;)

Love to you all, have a good Wednesday! Half way through the week guys...
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment