Friday 20 September 2013

Day Off

Today is my first day off in two weeks. Last weekend, I went on the field trip and that meant that I didn't have a weekend to relax. I was super excited for this day to come because I was getting up at 5:30 on weekdays and then before 8 on the weekend, which meant that I wasn't getting a lie in at all. And if you know me, you know I love lie ins. Anyway, today I made the most of the fact I could sleep until whenever and slept in until 11AM. It was glorious and I wish everyday was a lie in day for me.
But even though I haven't had a day off for 2 weeks, I did 4 readings when I came home last night and after I had eaten breakfast this morning, I was back to working away. The surprising thing is that I'm not completely hating working, which I think is a little weird. Whenever I have to do something that isn't very exciting, I end up putting it off until I have to do it last minute. But for some reason, for this course, I am rearing to go and just get on with the work. I think part of the reason this is because I'm busy all day so it just feels right to carry on. It's only when I stop and start doing work that I end up being lazy and don't do it. I like this motivated Nicole because it means that I'm not worrying about having to do something last minute and potentially getting a crap mark for doing that. (I may still get a rubbish mark but at least I know that I tried my hardest)
Other than work, it also feels weird to not be with the friends I made at Kingston. I have been with them for 11 days running non-stop and it felt lovely to be living with them on the weekend so it feels a little weird to know that I'm not going to see them for the whole weekend... Is this becoming a little weird given the fact I've also only known them for 11 days? They're great and I love them to pieces already. I really have found a good bunch of people that are like me and more importantly they LIKE me.

I'm having a great time on this course and feel that it is going to stretch me in ways that I haven't been before. For example, I'm going to have to do Maths, Science, Geography, History, RE and PE, which I haven't done for years. I am going to be relearning things that I thought I wouldn't revisit ages ago. But that's interesting to me. I like learning. I'm a nerd!
I hope you're all having a wonderful Friday and have brilliant plans for the weekend. I shall get back to finding some journals. Love you all
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Would you prefer to never speak again, or could we occasionally talk?

    ReplyDelete