Thursday 19 September 2013

Train Stories

Throwback Thursday is currently being put on hold until I can get my hands on some more good photos to show you guys. I haven't had that much time to be able to root around all the photos we have but as soon as I do, I shall get back to the schedule of Throwback Thursday. 

So, I have been taking the trains and buses for 2 weeks now and I have had a couple of stories during that time. Today, however, has been a very different day of travelling. And this is for two reasons:

1. Train conversations
When you're going on the same train, at the same time every single day of the week; you start to see regular people and even smile at them. Well, in the last three days, I have seen this one middle-aged guy and it started with a smile in the morning and then yesterday, he asked me how I was. But today, the commuter rules were crossed and we actually had a conversation. I found out that he is an architecture in London and is planning a restaurant underneath The Shard. It's all very exciting considering the day that I'm going to- boring lectures.

I'm not in tomorrow because I have a day off but I shall see on Monday if we make these conversations regular or whether or not it is a one time thing. I feel at home on the train now and know my route like the back of my hand including which platform it is and what times the trains come.

2. Old people
On the train home today, there was an old man by himself looking extremely frail with his bag and I couldn't help but have my heart break. I wanted to so bad give him a hand and to make sure that he was okay but I felt like I would be crossing the boundaries. I don't like the thought of vulnerable old people being on their own and I know that is a bad mentality to have because I don't know how competent they are beside their appearance. It just broke my heart because whenever I look at the old people, I always see my Nan and Grandad and it's so sad. Looking at that old man on the train made me choke up and the size of the lump in my throat meant that I was almost in tears walking to the bus. 

Do you ever have public transport conversations?

Or do you have the same thoughts I do when I see the older generation? I can't help but have a massive want to help them all!

If you see an older person struggling, please take the time out of your schedule to help them. And give your seat up for them on the bus/train! Be courteous.

Love you all,
Nicole
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment