Wednesday 4 September 2013

Three Course Meal

I'm always thinking about food whether it is when I've just woken up or when it comes around to 4:30/5PM. It's one of those things that drives our lives however much we despise it. I don't really like eating. I mean I eat because I have to but I'm not a food lover. I don't mind if my food tastes bland because I don't get too much joy from it. Unless, I haven't cooked it OR it's chocolate... But I do have some favourite dinners like everyone.

It then got me thinking that when you're on death's row, you get to have one last pick of a meal before they ultimately kill you. It got me thinking about if I was ever in that situation, what the hell I would pick in order to get the most out of my last meal...

1. Starter
I love garlic bread although I know that whenever I have it, I have wicked breath afterwards. It'd be perfect for my last meal as I'm sure I wouldn't get kisses before the execute me. This one was kind of tough because I always pick garlic bread for a starter whenever I go out for dinner but the other week when I went out for lunch with Gerri, I had bruschetta and I love how light and refreshing it was to have. Although, ultimately I love garlic bread too much to trade it in for the Italian starter.

2. Main Meal
If you had asked me this in any restaurant for any given meal, it would've probably been pizza or burger because I do love those English favourites. It's almost always the thing that I choose but given the fact this is my last meal, I will have my ultimate favourite food. Again, this was a difficult toss up between lasagne and spaghetti bolognese because I love them both with a chilli con carne coming in third. But, for my main meal, I would definitely have lasagne, I love it but only if I could have a side salad and some chips- I'm not the greatest fan of just lasagne. The cheesiness of it always makes me happy and what more do you want than a cheese base meal for your last ever dinner.

3. Dessert
I love so many different desserts that this one was almost impossible. I love cake and first thought, I want cake. And then I love fruit and the combinations of Eton Mess. But then I was thinking about all the yummy ice cream and my mind exploded. But in the end, there can only be one winner when it comes to dessert and that has to be chocolate fudge cake. All the gorgeous, rich chocolate doused in more chocolate and a little dollop of cream and a strawberry on the side. Can anyone else say "perfection" with me?

What would your ideal last meal be?

This blog makes me salivate! Love you all
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment