Tuesday 10 September 2013

Travel Woes

This week is going to be a trial of which route to Kingston University is 1) easiest and 2) fastest. Unfortunately for me, yesterday's journey was disastrous. I got to the station early, which was fine, I managed to get on the two trains I needed to on time. But then when I got to Wimbledon Tramlink, it was a nightmare. It was around 7:30 on Monday morning where kids were going to school and people were going to work. I missed the first tram by a minute and then the second tram was too jam packed that I couldn't squeeze myself into it. Thankfully, already behind on my tight schedule, I pushed my way onto the tram only to get squished like sardines by all the people pushing their way on an already packed tram. The rest of the journey was not bad and I managed to get to the Uni with a minute to spare.
As first days go, it was a fairly successful one if I forget about the travel woes I had. I sat next to a lovely girl that I got talking to and made a couple of friends. I also spoke to a couple of people that I had met on my interview day and the qualification check day. Thankfully, they remembered me too and so it wasn't just me trying to get their attention and them not having no clue who I am. The day wasn't as long as I thought it would be despite the fact it was a 9AM to 4PM day. I also went for tea after we had finished with a couple of my new friends for a good old fashioned chat!
I am looking forward to the coming weeks, learning. I'm not too excited about all the journey time but it is only for a year and I'll be working towards achieving my dream so hopefully it won't be too bad. I'm scared as hell for the day that I actually get into a classroom and teach but that will wait for another day. I'm sure I'll learn everything that will equip me with being able to teach.

Are you facing a new challenge? A scary opportunity?

Let me know what you're getting up to at the moment and how you're feeling about it.

I'm off to the cinema tonight with Tom after I get in, so make sure you check out the review I shall be writing on it tomorrow!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment