Friday 13 September 2013

Swanage Field Trip

Last night, my friend's and I went out for dinner at Nandos for a birthday celebration and a goodbye. It was Alice's birthday on Thursday last week and we were all here, there and everywhere so we had to wait for people to come back from holiday for us to all go out and celebrate. Also, it was the last time we were going to see Tom until Christmas. He got a fully paid master's course in Europe and is now moving abroad. We are all going to miss him so much but know that we are going to keep in contact and wait eagerly for him to come back for us to all get back together. I wish him the very best of luck because I am going to be away when he actually leaves on Saturday! You know you'll always be in our circle of friends even if you aren't here!!
Today, I am going to Swanage, Dorset for a bonding field trip for my course. On Monday, I found out that even though we are paying £90 for this mandatory trip, we had to make our own way down to Swanage. Unfortunately, for us non-driving folk, this is easier said than done. So, instead of just having the fear of making friends with complete strangers, we also had to try and arrange a way down there by car sharing with people we only just met. It was such a palava but thankfully, Anneke and I made friends with this guy who was willing to drive us down there. It was such a relief.
We are spending the whole weekend at Swanage with us waking up at 8:30 on Saturday and Sunday, with lots of different things to do during the day including walking across the coast, and visiting the castle there. But also, during the evening at around 8PM after dinner; we are having a lecture on God know's what. After then, we have free time to do whatever we want, which will probably be us all descending on the local pub!

I am looking forward to the weekend because it will be a great chance to hang out with my uni friends without lectures. But I am not looking forward to it because I am knackered and want rest but I doubt this weekend will be anything but hectic. It also means that I don't have time to catch up with sleeping and also some readings that I didn't get time to do during the week!

Never mind, life is about doing lots of things so you don't feel like you are missing out. I definitely don't want to miss out!

I hope you don't mind the next two pre-written blogs. I try my hardest to write my blogs on the day but there are sometimes when I can't help it.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment