Saturday 14 September 2013

Swanage Saturday

My day consisted of waking up later than normal, a great hour and a half after my normal wake up call, which felt amazing. It sounds silly to everyone else but when you get up at 5:30 every morning, being able to wake up at 7 just makes everything better!

We went to Corfe Castle to walk around and see the sights. It's one of those things that you only really go to if you enjoy history/adventures or if you're on a field trip/school trip. It was a lovely time although I can only imagine how much rain there was given the weather forecast that I look at on Thursday. (rain, rain and more rain) I'm not sure what the actual point of this little trip was, whether it was for a school purpose (teaching children about castles and history) or whether it was just something to do to fill in the time of the field trip but I shall let you know when I come back on Sunday/Monday.
Then we went to Durlston Country Park to look at art sculptures and collect materials for our own sculptures. We then went to a football field to sit down and create our art sculptures in order to teach us about art and how we can plan activities for our children. After lunch, we then had to share our sculptures with everyone before we had dinner, a lecture and then let out for free time.
The worst thing about pre-writing blogs on things like field trips and holidays is that I don't actually know what I'm doing on what exact day. I've only just told you the short itinerary that I was given but unexpected things happen that make the field trip exciting. I'm hoping to be back tomorrow (Friday) at about 5PM to write the blog actually up to date where I can tell you anything fun that happened and if not, it will be a moaning blog.

I apologise profusely for this blog and hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing or exciting weekend!

Love you all

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment