Wednesday 12 December 2012

12-12-12

So, today is the last recurring date that I believe I will ever see again in my lifetime...

The likelihood that I'm going to still be around, alive and kicking when I'm 109 to see the next which would be (01-01-01 = year 2101) is very low, in fact it seems impossible that I would reach the age of 80; let alone 100.

It got me thinking about how many people who are 100 and older now that have already seen the date 12-12-12 (year 1912) and I think it's crazy. It must be amazing to have lived in a completely different time and culture than the one we live in today; to have seen so much change. To think about how many things those people have seen, and lived through is insane; World Wars, all the cool eras (hippies, rock, disco etc), and in some part watched the Industrial Revolution take hold and come out the other end. The type of history that we learn about in school and feel a million miles away from; some people on this Earth lived through it! It completely enthrals and astounds me to think about it.

In my short 20 years, I have seen the Millennium, Twin Towers collapsing, war in Iraq, first black American president, Olympics 2012 in London; just to name a very few amount of huge things that have taken place since I was born. I can't imagine having a backlog of 100+ years to sift through in terms of memories and grand events.

Time is a beautiful thing, and we need to make sure we treasure it because in a world where money is a commodity, and everything revolves around materialistic things; time is not something we can magic out of thin air; we can't buy it and we certainly can't get it back once it's gone. Weeks, months and years go by in a flash; live each day as much as you can...

On another note; I had the shock of my life yesterday evening when I got informed that I have an interview for Kingston University for the Primary PGCE course that I applied to- yes, I want to be a primary school teacher. It's Monday 17th December at 9AM; which gives me less than a week to prepare and I'm freaking out. There is not enough time allotted for me to stop shaking, and to revise for a Maths and English test, along with gaining confidence for both the group activity and the individual interview whilst trying to prepare to answer questions in my interview. FREAK. OUT. BEGUN!

For now, I am putting the preparation questions aside for it is time to ice skate, baby!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment