Sunday 2 December 2012

On the Second Day of Christmas...

My true love sent to me, two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree...

Technically, this song is to be sung after Christmas has happened and to represent the 12 days following the festivities. Now this is awkward...

Anyway, it was in my head and I thought "hey, it's the 2nd December" and I wanted to share such a song with you. I knew from the get-go that this song was going to be inappropriately placed before any of you think "Nicole you're so stupid, you got it wrong." It was for a satirical effect- funny, comical and any other adjectives that you can think of applicable to this instance. Too much talking about nothing.

This blog is going to be a whole lot of nothing said because I have been a right old bum these past couple of days- I haven't done any work besides contemplating changing my module for Spring semester and looking at info to aid my decision-making. BUT before you all rant at me for leaving things last minute and getting stressed out and then ultimately moaning to you guys; I have *almost* (bar the tweaking and editing) completed two of my assignments due in on Friday. And they say you should have a couple of days away from your work and then go back to it with a fresh mind, so I am well ahead of the game; I can't even see it being played any more ;)

I feel like these jokes and analogies are getting far too lame, far too quickly... I need to stop in my attempts to be funny.

The point of this blog was really to give me something practical to do and to not feel as pathetic and useless as I have been feeling. AND, for the month of December  I have set myself a challenge/goal. And to make sure that I achieve part of the goal, I have set 3 goals: an ultimate goal, an achievable goal, and a cop-out goal. And at the end of the month; probably 1st January 2013, I shall look back and see which goal I achieve and then probably write a blog about it- because that's what I do. Ultimate = I'm the most amazing, awesome person in the whole wide world. Achievable = I'm your typical average Joe. Cop-out = I'm a big, fat failure...

So here goes!

Ultimate December Goal: To make a blog every day of the month

Achievable December Goal: Make at least 21 blogs of the 31 days of December

Cop-Out December Goal: Make less than 21 blogs of the 31 days of December

Come along with me on this goal setting journey and encourage me to achieve the ultimate December goal.

Lots of love and festival cheer,
Nicole :D xxx

2/2 blogs completed! Right on track...

No comments:

Post a Comment