Sunday 23 December 2012

Happy Birthday Mum!

Not only is it Christmas Eve eve, but it is also my Mum's birthday. And so the birthdays and festivities are really getting underway for my family. This time of the year is the busiest time for my family given the sheer number of birthdays, the Christmas period as well as the New Year. We always have the most family time these couple of weeks and I love it. Our Christmas period goes something a little like this...

23rd December = Mum's birthday
24th December = Christmas Eve
25th December = Christmas Day
26th December = Boxing Day (we have another big Christmas dinner and the family comes to ours for the day)
27th December = Sister's birthday
31st December = New Year's Eve
1st January = New Year's Day (traditionally, we go to my Grandad's for another big dinner to celebrate the coming of the new year with our family but I'm not sure if we're doing this, this year)
4th January = Sister's birthday
5th January = Sister's birthday
11th January = Sister's birthday

So as you can see, there is an awful lot going on in a short period of time and it's exciting to be able to spend so much time with my family celebrating and having fun. Our lives these past couple of years has been hard and filled with sadness, but when everyone comes together to celebrate something, it brings so much happiness and we get to appreciate how lucky we are to have one another.

I hope my Mum has the best birthday in the world. We aren't a family that regularly tells one another that we love them, and I hope this year; she knows that we love and appreciate everything that she does. She really is a Supermum, and I don't know how she does it. She puts everyone else before herself and I hope that today, she gets put first for once. We all know how lucky we are to have her as a Mum with everything that she does for us all, and we wouldn't be where we are now without her. She's amazing, and we love her loads!

Lots of love!
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment