Wednesday 26 December 2012

Boxing Day

If I thought that I would be able to eat less and healthier after Christmas to lose some of the pounds I have put on yesterday, I had another thing coming due to the tradition we have always had in our family of Boxing Day. Not only do we have a massive turkey roast dinner on Christmas Day (traditionally cooked by my Nan at hers, but now cooked by my Uncle), we also have a massive turkey roast dinner on Boxing Day (cooked by my Mum at ours.) This means that I am going to be stuffing my face once again with another full, big roast, and then nibbles afterwards whilst vegging out on the sofa with the inability to move; not that I would really want to move anyway.

The only good thing about the Boxing Day dinner is that I get to be at home and so there is no moving required, plus there are more sofas available for sitting on rather than the uncomfortable floor. My Grandad only has a 2 seater sofa free and with the 8 of us, plus partners; the fight for the comfy chairs is huge after dinner is finished.

Other people go and tackle the sales on Boxing Day, whilst others declare not to eat for a week, but here in the Ryan household; we choose to eat more. We're not piggies at all!

Although there is a lot of food consumed in the two days of Christmas, I enjoy being able to spend the days with my family. There's nothing more special about a Christmas than having all your family around you, laughing and joking. I know some people out there have to spend their Christmas alone, without presents or food and at these times I count all my lucky stars for how blessed I am to be able to have everyone around me this holiday.

Thankfully, I didn't get much chocolate at all this year, which will mean I can't continue to pig out after the dinners are done. I did get some lovely Vans, jewellery, a necklace stand, some Nivea body set and lots of money to keep for a rainy day in Cardiff when I'm feeling down and in need of a new dress.

For now, I shall say goodbye to prepare my stomach for the huge task of the next Christmas dinner and hope that you are all having a good time with your family with as little friction and arguments as possible.

LOVE YOU LOTS!!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment