Sunday 9 December 2012

Christmas Day!

Late blog is late!

'Raping' the chicken!
So, unlike the rest of my blogs, this one is a little later than usual; and that's because for our uni house, it was Christmas day today!

We had it all planned so that we could have Christmas dinner and even invited Nour round for the festivities. Most of the afternoon was spent cleaning the living room and kitchen in preparation for the mammoth task of cooking a full roast chicken dinner. We even decorated the living room, with a mini Christmas tree, tinsel, Santa stockings and Charlotte and I wore a Santa hat to celebrate the time of year.
Charlotte and I beside the yummy food!
Hard at work cooking!











Thankfully our cooking skills were above par, and we managed to cook a whole chicken, veg, potatoes, simultaneously preparing an apple crumble and trying to play a game of Articulate (which I won!) Given the fact that my cooking skills only normally extend to cheesy pasta/pasta bake, soup and occasionally fajitas, I'm always proud of myself when I extend my culinary skills. Christmas songs played in the background, whilst the steam slowly but surely heated our normally freezing cold house in order for us to ditch our usual layers of clothing to keep us warm. Our meal was accompanied by the lovely taste of Rekorderlig and infused with the sound of laughter and pain from indulging in the yummiest food I've had in ages.

How good (and huge) does that look?
I had a wonderful evening with some of the best people in my life and I now can't wait for Christmas with my family. Over the past 2 years and a half, my uni friends have become my second family and I am so comfortable with them; almost as much as my actual family. They have made my whole uni experience one that I will never forget, and at this time of year, there's plenty to be thankful for. This Christmas, I'm going to remember how thankful I am for the friends I have made at uni that have literally changed my life forever. I can't imagine not having them in my life anymore...

These people have made my Uni experience amazing!
From a very festive Nicole, I wish you all a good, happy week and hope that you get further into the Christmas spirit and think about everything you're thankful for. Love to you all xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment