Saturday 22 December 2012

3 Days To Go!

So, there's only 3 days to go until to Christmas and beside Christmas songs on the radio and a couple of houses partaking in the Christmas cheer with lights and decorations; there are few indicators that the holiday is just round the corner. I'm not sure what I expect to see, just that I know I'm not seeing it at the moment. I guess nowadays, seeing as children are more aware of the fact that Santa is not real and their parents actually buy their presents, that the holiday has been downgraded from when I was younger. Or I've just gotten older and lost the ability to see the magic of the holiday anywhere and everywhere. I guess the lights don't look as spectacular as they would've when I was little. I'm getting old...

The weather is shocking without a single chance of having a white Christmas. I can't remember the last time I saw a white Christmas and a couple of weeks ago, we had a flurry of snow in London and I was convinced that this year, it would happen given the fact it had already started. But slowly but surely, the rain started to creep in, the air started to warm a little and the likelihood of a white Christmas diminished to almost nothing with the forecasts saying that the weather is "wet and windy." I shouldn't expect anything more really given the fact we live in England...

The worst part of all is that it's not just raining, it's making travel almost impossible with flood warnings in every weather report on the news. For me, this isn't a problem, but I know of people that are facing the prospect of not being able to get home and it makes me sad. There are so many people that rely on coaches, trains and cars to get them home for Christmas to be home with their family and then Mother Nature comes along and manages to dash their chances of being home.

Just on the news today, there is a story that warns travellers to not travel in South-West England; the very place where my friend, Tom has to get home from. I have my fingers, toes and legs tightly crossed that he is able to get his train home on Christmas Eve so he can spend the time he can with his family. I really home he can make it!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment