Monday 17 December 2012

Dog Eat Dog World

My very first interview has been and gone.

The interview process has such weird dynamics with everyone trying to be friendly, and talkative yet fully knowing that the rest of the people in the room that is also being interviewed are competition. I still have the mentality of hoping everyone gets a place and being sad thinking that someone I've gotten to know during that process might not achieve their dreams. But as my dad told me on the way home, the older you get, the more you realise that if you don't take your place, the other people wouldn't hesitate to take it from you. As I said, it's a weird, two-faced sort of situation.

As they always say, it's a dog-eat-dog world!

Although I was dead nervous and probably way under prepared  I managed to muddle my way through it and not fail too badly at the interview questions apart from the last one. I wasn't expecting such a direct and such a question that required a big headed answer.

"What are three reasons that we should choose you over other people?"

*blank face, and screaming "shit" in my head*

I like to think that I am fairly modest in how much I've achieved and generally in life with what I achieved. But this question was not designed to whittle out the people that are modest and therefore I faltered a little. Nevertheless, I managed to answer and I hope that I haven't done too badly.

Even if I don't end up securing a place, it's not the end of the world. Sure, I'll probably be quite devastated and scared about what my future will hold but that won't be the end. I'll just get back on the horse and try again and try again until I can achieve my dream.

I'm determined and when you're that determined, nothing can really stand in your way.

The only obstacles that stop you from reaching your dreams are those that you place in your way on the path to obtaining your dream.

For now, my dream is still alive and fingers crossed, it'll only just get closer and closer over time.

Over and out!
Nicole xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment