Tuesday 4 December 2012

It's the Final Countdown!

It's only the 4th day that I have had my advent calendar but I am absolutely loving it.

Therefore, I propose that everyday should be a countdown to something in our lives complete with a chocolate advent calendar. I don't know about you, but whenever I realise I get to eat a piece of chocolate to start my day, a little flash of happiness passes across me no matter how bad my mood is. I think we could possibly start this as a therapeutic way to conquer our moods on those days when we feel like crap.

Or, we can take from this that I like chocolate a little too much...

On the subject of a countdown and looking forward to things as I'm sure most of us are looking forward to Christmas now. I started thinking about how many times we do this sort of "countdown" type exercise due to something that we are excited for. In our everyday lives, we don't realise how many things we actually have to look forward to during the year, whether they are societies holidays that have been commercially invented for profit (if we're going to look at it from a cynical angle) or birthdays or even fun things we have planned, i.e. a summer holiday, a day out with your closest friends etc.

It's interesting to think about how many things we genuinely get excited for that are many days/weeks/months away. For example: I am looking forward to the possibility of snow, but this comes with a condition that I must be at home (London) before it snows. Or I am looking forward to starting a fresh new year, and seeing where it'd take me given the fact that it feels like the world is providing us with a fresh start; to forget about everything bad or undesired we did in the year before. And sometimes I'm even excited for the weekend and find myself working out a countdown until the magical 2 days; and it just shows how small something might be to instantly put us in a better mood realising how close we are to something.

This draws me back to something I said previously in one of my blogs about the little things meaning everything when they're done with people you love and adore. It makes our lives that little bit more worthwhile when we get excited for life, excited to be alive and excited for what our future may hold.

Be excited for everything that you're looking forward to, it'll give you a better, and happier outlook on life.

However sappy this blog is, I believe it holds some deep routed meaning to life and I hope you can see past the hippy "love everything and everyone" and take the important parts away from this.

Love to you all,
Nicole xxx

4/4 - well on my way to being the most amazing, awesome person in the whole wide world ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment