Monday 31 December 2012

The Best of 2012


It is the last day of 2012 and at these milestones of life, I always look back on the last year and think about (or try to remember) everything that happened in the year. Granted, there are things that have happened that have made me sad but we can't dwell on those things. I have taken it upon myself today, and for this blog to look back on this year and think about the best things that have happened to me in 2012...

1. I achieved a 2:1 average for my second year at Uni propelling me into third year with a strong basis for achieving a 2:1 overall
2. I saw my family slowly get back together, and get back to normal after the tragic loss of my Nan. There's nothing more heart-warming that coming home to a family that once was, but was lost for months. It showed to me how important family is.
3. I got back my love of writing, both novels and blogs. I lose my hobby from time to time; my inspiration goes from high to low. But I hope my love of writing can continue into the new year and beyond.
4. Watching Team GB do absolutely amazing at the Olympics 2012.
5. My holiday to Egypt was one that I loved and was much needed. I think I want to live somewhere hot, and close to the beach- nothing is more attractive than a sun-tanned beauty lounging on a sunbed being lavished by the glow of the sun (not that I fit that criteria; but I can dream that I can.)
6. I spent a week on work experience and it sparked my love of children further; watching them singing in assembly and knowng that one day I will play a part in sculpturing the next generation.
The best friends I girl could ever ask for :)
7. I got an interview and a conditional place at Kingston Uni to become a primary school teacher. I can't believe I managed it
8. The continued close bond that my friends have maintained despite the fact we all live miles apart from each other. They mean the world to me and I feel so lucky and blessed to have such wonderful friends :)

There's not a better exercise to put you in the happiest mood ever than this one. My list is not exhaustive but all that I can think of at the moment giving the great pain I am currently in thanks to the earache I have. I am telling you now to write yourself a list of everything in 2012 that made you happy and were the best moments because you'll be surprised at what you come up with. We're all so lucky to have everything that we do, and don't forget that.

Make 2013 better than any other year you've ever had and you'll continue to spread happiness throughout everyone in your life. Bring a smile to the faces of those around you today.

Love you all, and I appreciate and am surprised by every read that I get from these blogs. They aren't amazing but I love doing them and I hope they make you a little happy too.

I hope you all have a wonderful yet safe New Year's Eve. The next time you see me, it'll be 2013.

Happy New Year. Let's all make 2013 much better than 2012 where we can all achieve our dreams :)
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment