Monday 3 December 2012

That Monday Morning Feeling...

I woke up this morning, and had the biggest urge to do nothing today. My hair needs a wash, I need to get ready and do some work but instead I am sitting at my desk, eating toast with a cup of tea genuinely getting too excited over the fact I get to open another door of my advent calendar along with the prospect of tasting yummy chocolate'ness...

I don't know what happened to make me fall so hard and so fast off the mature, adult, hard-working wagon. I was doing so well bucking the trend of being a lazy-ass student that wasted their time away watching Youtube videos but I have a tab open for Youtube... I need the 12 step programme to get me back to my sober/mature self.

Despite the fact I feel like this every Monday morning, and without the helpfulness of the fact I have no uni today, it leaves me with ample opportunity to just fester away doing absolutely nothing productive at all. And the fact the weather is now icy-cold, it gives me more reason to stay in bed to avoid becoming a Nicole shaped ice cube.

But that kind of mindset stops now. I feel like whenever I get into these moods, I do nothing practical to get myself out of them. They say the most amazing part of us is our brain's ability and I think it's true that instead of actively changing things, we take a passive role in our lives and wait out our bad moods, or our unproductive moods. We forget that we can change the way we think and in turn that'd change the way we feel. If I said to myself, I was going to climb a mountain today (I'm speaking figuratively of course, I can't even climb an averagely steep hill, let alone a mountain) then I could probably achieve it with the willpower I have inside of me.

In order to stop that feeling of uselessness at the end of today, I am going to shower, then get down to completing my assignments so that I am more than ready and happy to give them in on Friday. And I might even venture into town to get some Christmas presents.

I can not afford a repeat experience of last assignment where I would rather have had someone cut me open than to have to hand in the piece of work I did. And so, I am going do something about it.
We live primarily for ourselves, make yourself proud of what you have become... And if you aren't, you can change it to achieve that pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment